LBBW Chooses the Razor Risk Platform
London, UK – June 2017
Razor Risk has secured a contract to deploy our award winning solution Razor™, with Landesbank Baden-Württemberg (LBBW), Germany’s biggest state-backed Landesbank lender. LBBW is a medium-sized universal bank and the central bank of the savings banks in Baden-Württemberg, Saxony and Rhineland-Palatinate.
Razor Risk is a specialist provider of integrated Counterparty Credit Risk Measurement and Limit Management solutions for the financial services industry, and is replacing an existing system to enable the LBBW to manage issuer, counterparty and country risk, globally.
Rami Cassis, CEO Razor Risk said: “The commitment by LBBW affirms that in the ever changing regulated environment our clients operate in, the Razor platform gives them an advantage in running their businesses. This is a significant step forward for Razor Risk Technologies which reflects the hard work, expertise and focus of our team and our counterparts at LBBW who worked with us to finalise their choice. The Razor team and I are looking forward to working closely with LBBW in the coming months as we build out our relationship and deliver a specialised solution.”
Razor™ enables firms to automate business processes and to calculate and report on exposures in real-time, whilst providing rich analytics for end users to assess and monitor issuer, counterparty and country risk within one system.
Peter Walsh, Global Head of Sales at Razor Risk said: “We are pleased to be working with LBBW to transform their risk management approach to a global model, bringing together previously distributed solutions into one integrated approach.”
About Razor Risk Technologies
- Has offices in London and Sydney, and recently became an independent organisation
- Has been delivering enterprise class risk management solutions since 1999
- Delivers an integrated approach to managing multiple risks including
- Credit risk
- Market risk
- Capital consumption
- Liquidity risk
- Clearing risk
- xVA risks
- The Razor Risk platform can be delivered on-site within a firms own technology environment, or hosted and delivered via the web
- Razor Risk already provides a solution for implementing the forthcoming Fundamental Review of the Trading book (FRTB)
- Landesbank Baden-Württemberg has total assets of around EUR 234 billion (as at 31 December 2015) and a staff of approx. 11,120 within the Group. Its head offices are located in Stuttgart, Karlsruhe, Mannheim and Mainz.
- Its three customer-driven banks – BW-Bank, LBBW Rheinland-Pfalz Bank and LBBW Sachsen Bank – allow LBBW to offer the full array of business services provided by a large bank across Germany, while also drawing on extensive regional roots. Within the state capital Stuttgart, BW-Bank fulfils the role of a municipal savings bank for LBBW.
- LBBW’s business model is based on five pillars and comprises the following areas of business: corporate customers, private customers, savings banks, real estate financing and financial markets. BW-Bank, LBBW Rheinland-Pfalz Bank and LBBW Sachsen Bank as dependent institutions with their own market presence form the three strong regional pillars in the Group’s business with private and corporate customers.
For further information contact:
- Peter Walsh, Global Head of Sales
- phone: +44 20 3319 1660
Latest posts by Peter Walsh (see all)
- Save a Million on Clearing Costs : Webinar Video Recording - March 15, 2018
- Meet Razor Risk at Risk EMEA 2018 - February 22, 2018
- Save a Million on Clearing Costs – A Webinar from Razor Risk and JXL Consulting - February 8, 2018