- The Razor Finance, Risk and Capital (FRC) Workbench is an early warning system which enables financial institutions to identify potential breaches of their risk limits, profitability and other key targets instantly and interactively
- It also allows a bank to calculate consistent aggregated results to meet a wide range of ad hoc risk management, profitability, capital adequacy and liquidity what-if analysis or reporting requests
- The tool can also be used to support the analysis required for the production of the annual Risk Appetite Statement required by regulatory authorities
- The FRC Workbench incorporates a credit-focused early warning system focused on risk and return projections, concentration risk and the provision of a full credit, balance sheet and trading book equivalent
London, UK – 1 November – Razor Risk, one of the leading providers of risk management technology and consulting solutions to financial institutions across the globe, has launched a specialist interactive analytics tool that enables financial institutions to manage and avoid risk while optimizing profitability.
The Razor Finance, Risk and Capital (FRC) Workbench is designed to work in conjunction with a bank’s existing risk and finance systems and has two main areas of functionality. The first is a credit-focused early warning system, focused on risk and return projections and stress-testing, concentration risk analysis and portfolio optimisation. The second is the provision of a full credit, balance sheet and trading book equivalent, providing projections, optimisation what-if analysis and stress testing, combining “middle-up” analysis with interactive analytical value at risk models.
The system covers income and expense, earnings, market, operational and credit value at risk, liquidity and capital adequacy projections, all in seconds. It enables a bank to generate flexible and consistent aggregate risk data to meet a wide range of on-demand, ad hoc risk management reporting requests, including vital requests made during stress or crisis situations, requests due to changing internal needs and requests to meet supervisory queries.
The Razor FRC Workbench is designed to be of specific interest to financial institutions needing to develop instant early warning systems to identify potential breaches of their risk and other limits. It can also be used to support the analysis required in the production of the annual Risk Appetite Statement, enabling the necessary intricate information to be provided in seconds and removing the need for previously cumbersome and time-consuming compilation processes.
Richard Bennett, Razor Risk CEO, said: “The Razor FRC Workbench is designed to be an essential service for financial institutions across the globe. Over and above the important provision of financial, risk and capital budgeting, it is equally vital for financial institutions to have the ability to optimally create business plans taking into account regulatory, business and economic constraints.
“Our FRC Workbench has an intelligent finance and risk data aggregation capability that is both flexible and adaptable to meet ad hoc data requests, as needed, and to assess emerging risks. In the current economic environment, where margins are being squeezed more than ever, this is essential.
“The launch of the Razor FRC Workbench also marks an exciting development for Razor Risk as a corporate entity. The ability to carry out this instant intelligence aggregation, analysis and optimisation will enable us to service both existing clients and new financial institutions across both the banking and trading book.”
About Razor Risk
Razor Risk is a leading provider of risk management technology and consulting solutions to financial institutions worldwide. Established in 1999, Razor Risk has successfully delivered solutions to proactively measure and manage risk and capital in the Americas, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
Razor Risk is one of the portfolio companies of Parabellum Investments, led by Founder and CEO, Rami Cassis.
- More information about Razor Risk can be found at https://razor-risk.com/
- More information about Parabellum Investments can be found at https://www.parabelluminvestments.com/
- More information about Rami Cassis can be found at https://www.ramicassis.com/
Latest posts by Richard Bennett (see all)
- Razor Risk launches the Razor Finance, Risk And Capital Workbench to streamline the provision of banking risk and capital analysis - November 1, 2022
- How should firms stress test for climate change? - February 25, 2020
- Challenges to Financial Stability in the Eurozone - December 4, 2019